Without the assistance of my family, friends and advisers I would not be able to be doing this walk. I’d like to thank:
- The loving and eternal support of my family: George & Debbie, Matt, Ryan, Jennie and Scott.
- All my dear friends who have provided support from day one – I love you all!!
- All of the wonderful hosts who have given & will give me shelter!
Amazing Grass has fully supported me with their wonderful, organic products throughout all of the miles of the Walk. Not only have I loved their products, which I found critical to making it across the desert (and still feeling healthy), I also met and spend time with the founders of the company + family in San Francisco.
I asked a high school friend who not only earned his Master’s in Public Health, but has also become an avid athlete, advised that for the best road shoes, I find a running store which does a video gait analysis. I hadn’t heard of a “video gait analysis,” but upon Googling the term, I found that local running store Fit Right Northwest performs them. I wrote to Fit Right Northwest, and they invited me to come in, receive the video gait analysis, and be fitted with a new pair of top-notch running shoes– on them!
I have to say, as having been a guy who has never bought expensive running shoes, not knowing what I was missing, the difference between cheap and good athletic shoes is like the difference between Taco Bell and real Mexican food.
Other running stores who provided shoes to me include:
THANK YOU FOR THE HOSPITALITY!!
THANKS FOR HELPING ME OUT WITH GROCERIES ON THE ROAD!!!
- Sonya Duffin of Puredancecompany.com for assistance with physical training and preparation.
- Michael Henley of www.contimages.com for photo contributions.
- Nutiva deliciously healthy hemp and coconut foods
Thank You for very generous discounts: